Thursday, September 17, 2009

2009-09-16/17


~

@jamesciriaco: As one wave recedes / it gathers into the height / of the wave that crests. #poetry #haiku

@haiQ: / I'm not an island: / twitter's a peninsula / linking me to you. / - #haiku

@poeticminds: Falling from the cliff I met A flight of soaring gulls #poèmes #haiku

@anyothercity: dew / and a few flies / caught / in the same web / as the dead spider #tanka

@Etsujin_Haiku: Walking down the road / writing poems in my mind / stirred by the faces #haiku

@ernbrn: It's way too early/ To feel this agitated/ Over such nothing #experimonth #haiku

@carltonhalpert: Spilled ink expanding // echoes the city's skyline // landscape on the blot. #haiku #haikuchallenge

@twitwrit: twitter is the well / fill your cup and drink deeply / then pour in your heart #haiku (inspired by @AshiAkira)

@haikunut: All elbows and grin, / awkward joy runs to me / like a miracle. #haiku

@verycosmic: Following robots, // looking at ink blots, hearing // voices in a box. #haiku #haikuchallenge #blot

@alexvonvaupel: every day / that polished face / in the mirror / waiting for the first / cracks to appear #tanka

@gavindecuir: Thousands of rain drops / team up to fell rotten trees— / backyard battlefield. #haiku

@pixielation: #haiku words like pebbles fall / into shallow busy minds / and are washed away

@concisionflux: Burial Of The Sun: /red sun before me / sinking low behind the hills / flowers in shadow / #haiku / http://yfrog.com/0h25szj

@twitwrit: bear on my driveway / where the hell is my camera? / lumbers into woods #haiku #swear

@juanlumora: he retrasado / sin que mire la muerte / nuestros relojes (I have delayed / not to look at death / our watches) #haiku #poema

@wqueens7: http://twitpic.com/i36gq - Afternoon sunlight/ Demonstrates certain planes/ Unusual ways/ #haiku

@MeeAugraphie: Starbucks morning dawned/ man braved dark and humid morn/ in search of coffee #haiku.

@MeeAugraphie: maple flowers bloom/ at peak of buckwheat pancakes/ homage to autumn #haiku

@shadfromdc: Been called a "jacka$$". / By almost everybody. / What would Lincoln do? #haiku #poetry #kanye

@F3bruary: I write secret notes / I give them to no one, so / simple sentences must suffice #haiku

@labisiffre: Are those mustard clouds? / Or mushroom clouds? / In any event they're not thought bubbles |#poems #poetry #micropoetry #verse

@wqueens7: Garden gnomes stalk me/ With Pink flamingoes and the/ Jockey painted white/ #haiku

@pita4l: orange glow defines your shape/ fire burning in your deep tears/ until the moon reflects your beauty #haiku #poetry for amazing sunset

@mos42: butterfly laughter/ your lips, a rose on my cheek/ haiku in my heart #haiku

@Yojinbo: In the writer's craft / Hope resides on each blank page, / Along with despair #haiku #writing

@AnnTheAlien: Atheist I am / Does not mean I am Satan / I hate Religions #haiku

@AnnTheAlien: Can't find the button / Make all the life wrongs reverse / play forward backward #haiku

@alotus_poetry: from across the creek / children pop soap bubbles / with pigeon feathers and sticks / a goodbye / to summer #tanka

@alotus_poetry: bits of conversation / float with the jasmine steam / from my tea cup #senryu

@HappiForever: Impossible sky -- Extending forever out/ Into touching you #haiku #senryu

@Adamfyre: I am one Raindrop ~ All I want in this sweet life ~ To kiss the Ocean.. #haiku @quiverymoments

@mouseofzen: ºoº golden horse circles | children lost within mirrors | carousel us home ºoº мσυѕє σƒ zєη #haiku #disney

@mouseofzen: ºoº splashed in sweet sunshine | when freed from her briar patch | mountain shadows fade ºoº мσυѕє σƒ zєη #haiku #disney

@wqueens7: http://twitpic.com/i3b9j - copycopycopy2 The repetition/ We all luxuriate in/ Is not without cost/ #haiku

@mouseofzen: ºoº she is porcelain | her light is half-lit, dimming | lost inside a beast ºoº мσυѕє σƒ zєη #haiku #disney

@Jemfyr: Wind swept pines moving / memory picture motionless / freeze frame silhouette /// #haiku #haikutherapy @Dr_Wes

@poetwist: ~ ~ closed lens of the moon / an eye peaks out from sleeping / stars in center stage ~ ~ #haiku #poetwist

@alotus_poetry: after you left / I see your face / in a stranger's blue eyes #senryu

@AnthonySouls: Graffiti canvas / permanent inks stains the skin / stealing her warm glow #haiku #poetry

@alotus_poetry: the breeze / between the hedges / a hummingbird's flowery kiss #haiku

@acrichards: September rain falls/ kissing the dry, hot pavement/ ghostly steam rising. #haiku

@alotus_poetry: the break / from this cold / I feel so relieved / to rest / my hair in the wind #tanka

@eemalevanah: the woods were still :: as i approached gently :: listening to trees #haiku

@ChainOfWords: One last glint of sun/ and the heat of September/ surrenders softly #haiku

@eemalevanah: where your path becomes :: pitted and overgrown with weeds :: look for the detour #haiku

@ChainOfWords: Twitter Gods hunger/ feast on tweets and avatars/ typed tweets tremble #haiku #twitter

@eemalevanah: in the pond of life / every drop creates ripples / one humanity #haiku

@lastsurvivor: Man learns to forget / He forgets to learn and then... / Forgets to forget #haiku

@Bill312: late, late summer... / first cluster of berries / amidst waxy green leaves #haiku

@carltonhalpert: Panoply of hopes // Penelope, antelope // Ant and Pen elope. #haiku #senryu

@morganabag: that indigo / scar across night's / wrinkled face #haiku

@ChainOfWords: blonds tangled in wires/ on the living room carpet/ watching television #haiku @ruinedXfinery

@ChainOfWords: Ravenous hungry/ the wild beast that is twitter/ eating avatars. #haiku

@urbancrafter: If you can see me, // then see only my heart, which // is greater than I. #haiku

@Jutilda: voice of peace and love/ epitomized the folk song/ RIP Mary #haiku #marytravers #peterpaulandmary

@urbancrafter: last tear drop rolls down // my nose, falls slow motion and // splashes on my arm. #haiku

@dgdreamin: Farewell hummer friends / your dizzy aerobatics / brought us many smiles #Haiku

@carltonhalpert: An abyssal chant // circular sonar song sung // by the Mantra Ray. #haiku #mantra #poem

@TaoWizard: Lost in wilderness, No sign of path or landmark, The moon leads me home #haiku

@in_haiku: raspberry beret ~ found in a second hand store ~ I think I love you. #haiku

@carltonhalpert: Lit up and focused // the empty glass becoming // a lens to lush views. #haiku #poetwist #drunk

@ernbrn: Progress: "Winter's come, and I/ am cold. But you are home and/ I am warm again. #experimonth #haiku #newsong

@labisiffre: There is a fake brass art nouveau table lamp on my office desk. In thirty years it has uttered not one word | #poems #poetry #micropoetry

jpahre: Rain sings like new steel-- / Churned earth spills its viscous blood / Dries to a rich brown. #haiku #poetry

@urbancrafter: At night I find you // wrapped in my arms, like a gift // I didn't expect. #haiku #poetry #senryu

@urbancrafter: Falling up to sky, // I am carried away by // the whirlwind of love. #haiku #senryu

@aquietmind: kill kill da haiku/ kill it until it is dead/ kill kill dat haiku #haiku

@urbancrafter: I love how you can // grab me by the eyes and how // I fall into you. #haiku #senryu

@urbancrafter: Now is all there is ;// now is an eternity // side by side, asleep. #haiku #senryu

@morganabag: remembering / morning / river of clouds #haiku

@wqueens7: http://twitpic.com/i3akw - '72 DeVille/ Cosmetically Challenged/ Goes to church each week/ #haiku

@patinkc: Strange how a teapot Can represent at the same time The comforts of solitude & the pleasures of company #Zen #Haiku

@PenPaperPause: Words fail / In the face of death / But Silence / Grows louder #poem #micropoetry

@wqueens7: daysquash. Wee urban garden,/ In three paint buckets growing,/ You feed flesh and soul/ #haiku (pic) http://znl.me/88RWA

@Etsujin_Haiku: Rain falling all day / turning my spirit upward / searching for the sun #haiku

@KrisLindbeck: These lenses / have defined my face / since age fourteen / For decades now, no one / has recommended contacts | #poetwist #kyoka # tanka

@PenPaperPause: Words fail / In the face of death / But Silence / Grows louder #poem #micropoetry

@Etsujin_Haiku: Humans make mistakes / and others want to judge them / Don’t throw the first stone #haiku

@CS_Sherin: Strong courage - freeing compassion - love's humor. #Haiku

@CS_Sherin: Baby laughs - as I sing her name - applauding life. #Haiku

@Christwitery: Smoky clouds whisper / creamy coffee steams my mind / cobwebs shrink away /// #haiku

@edoowado: smoke in the air, milk in my coffee, clouds in your mind _ adding texture #haiku

@RedRootRaccoon: Where has the heat gone/ shovel against a fence post/ hens cast long shadows #haiku #garden #chickens

@svitlo: #haiku Поезд бежит в ночь. / Солнечный ломтик, лимон, / в стакане плывет. (train runs at night. / Sunny slice, lemon, / in the glass floats.)

@DigitalSalon: the sunlight beams down / heat waves rise off the asphalt / a quartz fleck flickers #haiku #twaiku

@DigitalSalon: sometimes the thing itself / sometimes the reflection / sometimes something else / sometimes nothing at all #micropoetry

@haiku_andy: Daily haiku - \\ morning fog burns off \ rises up from the redwoods \ unveiling Mount Tam \\ #haiku

@mattmchugh: ** Twitter #haiku ** Missile defense shield / give some Americans hope / of nice, fat contracts

@tarabetts: Juicy colors spread/ on concrete so bubble letters/ mock fresh produce. #haiku

@AvailableTech: Green leaf on brown stem | Like mine, your roots are deep. But | will they hold for long? #haiku

@mehtoole: say i'm pernicious ~ but ima let u finish ~ then diminish u #haiku #kaihu #kanye

@gennepher: Red rowan berries / Blackbird zealously guards them / Chasing intruders. #haiku

@mehtoole: soft curls lustrous / softly she starts to brush it / afro lusciousness // #haiku #kaihu

@forgottenworks: my autumn face / rapt / in spiderweb #micropoetry

@chaosincolor: Badgers are furry. / Unless they're in a hurry. / Then they use IM. #haiku

@poetryelf: I hear you, softly - whispering my name even - though you are not here. #haiku

@17_Syllables: The first hint of fall / tweaks my sensibility / gestures me forward. #haiku http://bit.ly/1TWCi

@labisiffre: Our ethnic studies department does not study / White people / White people are above / Ethnicity | #poetry #micropoetry #politics #verse

@slimvolumes: #poem #haiku #God - i saw God today / He told me to say don't listen / to me or to them - http://wp.me/pCpD3-2n

@KrisLindbeck: On concrete / bird shadow rises / from palm shadow | #haiku

@urbancrafter: why do you think you // can go to bed without me? // I will loudly howl. #faiku - #haiku for my stupid cat. LOL, @Sarah_Bush -- thanks!!

@alotus_poetry: evening rush hour / my head throbs along / with the loud music / punching the interior walls / of the car next to me #tanka

@damici2: Little wooden carved, peaceful sitting man-shaped tree, smiles incessantly. #haiku

@poetryelf: hold me tenderly, • in the secret place within • where you and I dwell. #haiku

@dengary: this flash drive / holds over five hundred gigs / so much memory! / I was about to exclaim / then I saw the sales clerk's eyes... | #tanka

@dengary: leaving home / without your blessing / forgive me, father / this headwind / is a cold cruel knife | #tanka #micropoetry #poetry

@EliznMaeve: underneath the noise/ there is a pulse in the earth/ listen to your heart #haiku #twaiku

@dengary: I can bear/my elders' graves/ but, ah!, the infants/ buried here—their only home— / leaving, I close the gate with care #tanka #micropoetry

@dengary: deep in the stacks/ at the Enoch Pratt/ I sense the ages/still breathing, intelligent/ pages waiting to be seen | #tanka micropoetry poetry

@dengary: an azure ceiling/ dangles its yellow parasol/ paper shreds flutter/ like aspen leaves from the beams/ as the room goes dark, goes bright #tanka

@wannahaiku: she sits quiet at - a window without glass and - watches fake flowers #haiku

@Tiny_Fiction: Scuffed shoes. Ratty coat / Hungry, homeless, desperate / Think he chose this life? #haiku #haikuchallenge ratty

@Etsujin_Haiku: Helping those in need / should not be a choice we make / it should be a must #haiku

@NatureSpirits: A dark moon tonight / creating a vacant sky / tomorrow renewed. #haiku

@drywit: #Haiku. Waiting for my plane / Everyone rushes to queue/ Look! There's Susan Boyle

@yoyason: Mid morning/ after a late summer rain/ a hot shower/ promises a new day/ at the imperial sky #tanka

@wqueens7: collect attaboys/ for work well done and on time/ next time I want pay/ #haiku

@g_wendy: Afternoon light breeze / cool grass under my bare feet / green leaves not for long #haiku

@edoowado: wish i could return / with a basket full of grapes / but no _ only words #haiku

@ChainOfWords: Heavy morning fog/ green tea carefully brewed/ Thursday mornings song #haiku

@RedRootRaccoon: Logging across the hill. Trees falling machines grinding. Cat scratching at the door. #life #logging #cats #micropoetry

@haikupoems: itself so quiet / the ramadan moon / during dinner time // #haiku

@wqueens7: Headline (#haiku): White House Scraps Bush’s/ Approach to Missile Shield[:]" Cite/ Cost of Fairy Dust/ #Haiku

@profexorgeek: Back at the office. Full inbox but empty brain. Select all, delete. #haiku

@ldwilkinson: Summer holiday-- / taking a haiku / of you. #haiku #senryu #micropoetry

@ldwilkinson: Exhausted, / I sit on the rowing machine / and drift. #senryu #micropoetry

@ldwilkinson: My new glasses-- / she can see / my eyes clearer. #senryu #micropoetry

@AntiHeroV: #Haiku: I can't brain today, Cuz sadly I have the dumb, Refrigerator.

@Jemfyr: Solar lamp post soul / absent electrical surge / dimming may occur /// #haiku

@DavidLeeK: redwinged blackbirds/ like kings perch on cattails/ seeming content/ I walk around the shore/ worries trailing each step #tanka

@zenchine: Aching not from too much effort but too little; the measure of man taken in generations, not by footprints in the dust. #haiku #tanka

@gavindecuir: Crushed pecans nourish / only the barren sidewalk— / invisible footprints. #haiku

@loverofMBFARM: Stepping off the plane/ family waits anxiously/ no more war for me. #haiku

@drywit: #Haiku. If it's the last time / that I see Dan, he looked great / work hard, make us proud

@jillesta: feet grazing the grass//a child dances her song//twirling now, now, now #haiku

@urbancrafter: My heart is open, // just as the vast wilderness. // I will meet you there. #haiku #senryu

@sleepyface: waiting to hear your voice / and your laughter / outside my head #haiku

@Flawd: In my sacred cave/ quietly flutting round the flame/ of inner sanctum/ no one is there to measure/ pulse-rates or prescribe trivia. #tanka

@yargnad: Obscured behind clouds. / The blue sky wants to sleep in. / Today is your day. #haiku #twiaku

@dkjackson: White dog walks; a gentle sprinkle falls on the tree; dog empty #haiku

@poeticmindset: A coffee in hand / is better then having your / hand in your coffee #poetry #haiku #coffee

@Yojinbo: With the hard patience / Of a headman's chopping block / One can persevere. #haiku #self-improvement

@vdhanassar: its a cold morning/ the f train is actin up again/just another morning #haiku

@yargnad: Green turns into grey / as flames dance across the trees. / Smokes of their essence. #haiku #twaiku

@haikunut: The color of stop / is the color of go, life, / sacrifice, power. #haiku

@carltonhalpert: Fifth rat in the maze // won the cheese, to the disgust // of rats A through D. #haiku #haikuchallenge

@sevenlives: In the sunlight / darkness exists / in shadows..#haiku

@Ruyarme: Sunset's brilliant path/ Upon the ocean's surface/ My dad's highway home. #haiku

@Ruyarme: #haiku Crooked smile of moon/ Watching and waiting for him/ Sun about to rise

@AshiAkira: Dragonflies crossing/ at downtown intersection/ Cop’s whistle dishonored #haiku #poetry

@concisionflux: That Nothing: / ladybug flying / as if to tell a story / no one understands / #haiku / http://yfrog.com/0jc9zj

@Sleepyhed: acid juice on knife / when yellow rind penetrated / grapefruit cut in half #haiku

@labisiffre: Before the end / Of your 2nd line / I had lost interest / Bugger! / It was one of mine | #poems #poetry #micropoetry #criticism #verse

@SirWumpus: even in the dark / a loving smile / lights the way #haiku

@Mamad: Silence blankets hill;/ misty rain and humid air./ Then, a roaring train. #haiku

@gennepher: I wake up sharply /A smell that doesn't belong / I'm frozen with fear. #haiku

@Layannah: Underwear and cat/ inside the laundry basket/ guess which ones staring? #haiku

@thaleia: Autumn leaves falling / not only outside, but in / my heart colors fade #haiku

@chaosincolor: Instant messaging. / Nifty way to keep in touch. / Stupid way to die. #haiku

@gustoblusto: a moment in time / captured in a few words / haiku photography! #haiku

@gustoblusto: laundry folded / stacked on bed / I crawl in alongside #haiku

@Adamfyre: The rose in my chest ~ would give all of it's petals ~ for one smile from you. #haiku #senryu

@Tipperay: I look with my heart ~ because all I care to see ~ is inner beauty. #haiku #senryu

@papercutlet: swimming at the pool/with older ladies who lend/grace to gravity #senryu

@papercutlet: stacked in this room are / all the things i've aspired to/ find a place for them #senryu

@Star_Blight: crowded house of four | tangled mess upon the floor | I discovered you #haiku

@gennepher: Celebrated his life / Painted pebbles for each year / Left them on the beach. #haiku

@gennepher: Saw him in my dreams / Smiled and waved to me from bus / And then he was gone. #haiku

@nibblesandbits: Fingers on keyboards / 140 characters or less / Instant relationships #haiku

@misteranono: river of the end - flows to the gigantic sea - and then starts over (no end #haiku)

@poetwist: ~ ~ spin of the cosmos / triggering event unknown / maple leaves blaze red ~ ~ #haiku #poetwist

@wolfcommaelyse: It's quite possibly // In your imagination. // But don't count on it. #haiku

@OhDaniB: how many ants must / sacrifice their lives before / the cat's bowl stays clear? #haiku

wannahaiku: she learned her lesson - two years later and its as - if she never left #haiku

@mehtoole: umbrella passes / lady walks dry underneath / i'm all wet again // #haiku #kaihu

@mehtoole: she smiles at me / eye contact electrical / wordlessly tells me // #haiku #kaihu

@DigitalSalon: daylight hours ended / a pair of yearling raccoons / nightlife on the lawn #twaiku #haiku #micropoetry

@mehtoole: memory whispers / misty knowledge swirls/ imagination languors // #haiku #kaihu

@mehtoole: dead air sighs hotly / time stands crucifix quiet / mouths capture flies // #haiku #kaihu

@ChainOfWords: the sound of the shower/just her scent and her outline/left behind in bed #haiku @ruinedXfinery

@nibblesandbits: out on my back porch / melon is sliced open / sweet juice trickles down #haiku #haikutherapy

@spacethief: Now we are falling / our hopes and dreams colliding / with reality. #haiku

@jillesta: My 1st twitter #haiku The rain is falling//oblivious of my mouth//open catching drops

@ruinedXfinery: confusion-two blondes/ dvd instruction manual--/Mathilde smirks behind paws #haiku

@ChainOfWords: lean out the window/ feel the wind blow in your hair/ childhood innocence #haiku

@papercutlet: good to see you laugh/ even if it is at the/ voices in your head #senryu

@wqueens7: Peter and Paul lost/ Mary Travers: Puff, Magic/ Dragon, very sad/ #haiku

@justkel: This blank canvas waits / as silky words drip my brush / painting lullabies #Haiku #Senryu

@verycosmic: Wild elephants dodge // the elephant in the room // trumpeting "You lie!" #haiku #haikuchallenge #dodge #politicalhaiku #racism #race #hcr

@patrickonium: City starts to cry / on a vagrant woman's face / smelling like old fish #haiku

@carltonhalpert: Halfway to being // a true idiot savant // just savant part left. #haiku #idiot

@carltonhalpert: For some physicists // relative density is // a family trait. #haiku #senryu #physics

@symphonist: dodge the rowdy patrons/ wobble the sandwich platters/ just don't spill my beer #haiku #haikuchallenge 'dodge

@HappiForever: Even sunflowers/ Are drooping with too much sun--/ Tall for their breeches. #haiku

@jedimathtricks: "That's dodgy", I thought/ As I dodged a Dodge truck while/ getting out of Dodge. #senryu #haikuchallenge

@misteranono: all doors are now closed - there is no one left but me - and what I must do (the truth #haiku)

@KrisLindbeck: crows flow through / the cloudless sky | #micropoetry

@wqueens7: http://twitpic.com/hxqxb - Q60 never came/ 7 running just express/ Now I'm running late/ #haiku

@gustoblusto: Bridge over creek / tiny fish, tadpoles / and a bright red dragonfly #haiku

@kissja74: #haiku Night. / Window. / Forest. / Birds. / Tweets.

@alotus_poetry: autumn / a shade darker / than summer sunsets / on one side of your face / you give me a Mona Lisa smile #tanka

@alotus_poetry: lifting / the oak tree's shadow / the sparrow / chased after the swallows / for sesame seeds on the ground #tanka

@alotus_poetry: reverie / the breakup / of rain clouds #haiku #senryu

@carltonhalpert: She tapped the trigger // the Nutcracker flew past me // I dodged a ballet. #haiku #poetwist #haikuchallenge #dance

@alotus_poetry: how heavy / it sinks into my skin / this 24-carat gold necklace / borrowed / from my deceased grandmother #tanka

@catwaldron: I dodged the small child / Stepped on the cat's tail instead / Noise was just as loud #haiku #haikuchallenge (dodge)

@morganabag: street dreams / september shadows / we crunch acorns #haiku #nowculture

@carltonhalpert: Roy Rogers fires off // An e-mail re: horse welfare // So, Trigger happy. #haiku #poetwist #horse

@drnelk: This red light district/ signals long waits, tough crossings/ what did you expect? #haiku #faiku #rightnow

@wqueens7: Charlie Brown's teacher/ Solos throughout the meeting/ Wah-wah-wah-wah-wah/ #haiku

@kissja74: #haiku Winter. / Silent. / Snow. / Death.

@urbancrafter: the sunshine wraps me // in a warm yellow blanket, // and lulls to me nap. #haiku

@poetryelf: hungry little bird - come to my feeder and eat - taste the bread of life. #haiku

@Eternal_Spring: Three fat guys / One of them, a dog #Micropoetry #couplet

@kokoshep: Hard rain starts ~ flash then rumble of thunder ~ windows quickly closed #haiku #senryu

@Eternal_Spring: Waking when the rising sun / Shines through the dreamcatcher Above our heads #micropoetry #haiku

@gennepher: There is no silence / Incessant tinnitus roars / No peace in deafness #haiku

~